Waging War, Making Peace – Reparations and Human Rights will be formally launched by Left Coast Press at this years AAA meetings.
This book is subtitled “A Report from the American Anthropological Association, Committee for Human Rights, Reparations Task Force” and is developed from a 2006 CfHR-sponsored session at the AAA’s and subsequent task force work. The book was developed as an interdisciplinary reader — meant to communicate anthropological insights and experiences to a broader public and academic audience.
Click here for additional information.
Table of Contents
1. WAGING WAR, MAKING PEACE: THE ANTHROPOLOGY OF REPARATIONS ~ JOHNSTON, Barbara Rose (Ctr. For Political Ecology)
2. REPARATIONS AND THE ILLUSIVE MEANING OF JUSTICE IN GUATEMALA ~ DILL, Kathleeen (Latin American Studies Institute, University of Texas, Austin) and Barbara Rose Johnston (Ctr. For Political Ecology)
3. FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE: IMPLEMENTING REPARATIONS IN POST TRUTH COMMISSION PERU ~ LAPLANTE, Lisa J. (Praxis: An Institute for Social Justice)
4. REPARATION: NICARAGUA ~ PHILLIPS, James (Southern Oregon University)
5. CALCULATING THE DAMAGES OF HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES: REPARATIONS MODELS AND THE PEOPLE OF DIEGO GARCIA ~ VINE, David (American Univ), Philip HARVEY (Rutgers) S. WOJCIECH SOKOLOWSKI (Johns Hopkins)
6. VICTIM REPARATIONS AND PERPETRATOR IMMUNITY: THE CASE OF ALGERIA AND MOROCCO ~ SLYOMOVICS, Susan (MIT)
7. THE INNOCENT VICTIM’ BEFORE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT ~ DI BELLA, Maria Pia (CNRS-GTMS-EHESS, Paris)
8. THE PIECES OF PEACE: LAWFARE IN THE NEW CYPRUS ~ BRYANT, Rebecca (George Mason University)
9. BEYOND RECOGNITION: STAGGERED LIMITED RETURN OF PALESTINIANS INTO ISRAEL ~ RABINOWITZ, Dan (Tel-Aviv University)
10. THE ETHICAL DIMENSIONS OF PEACE ~ SCHAFFT, Gretchen (American University)
11. REPARATIONS AND HUMAN RIGHTS ~ RENTLEN, Alison Dundes (USC)