Over at Culture Matters, Lisa Wynn was kind enough to post content from an academic publishing workshop she organized for Macquarie University’s Anthropology Department. Her post offers a comprehensive overview of the publishing process, including information on picking a journal or press, handling rejection, sending out book proposals, negotiating a contract, etc.
The AAA also offers resources to help you get your work published:
- Annual Meeting Workshops (includes several publishing workshops)
- How to Get an Article Accepted at American Anthropologist (or Anywhere) [pdf] ~ Tom Boellstorff (AA, Sept. 2008)
- Where can I Publish my Research Article?
- AAA Publishing Style Guide
- Call for Papers on AAA Section Listervs or H-Net Listservs
Please leave a comment if you have any additional resources.