Following the passage of anti-immigration laws in several states, the Executive Board’s Ad Hoc Group on Immigration has released a statement making recommendations to avoid investing in areas that sponsor or pass such legislation.
In further investigating the immigration issue, the Executive Board’s Ad Hoc Group recommends the Executive Board continues to monitor closely and avoid investing in states that sponsor laws that:
- give police broad powers and discretion to single out members of a specific ethnic group whether in principle or by practice;
- remove social services from undocumented immigrants;
- ban undocumented immigrants from public schools and colleges, and/or charge discriminatory fees;
- criminalize those who drive or shelter undocumented immigrants; and
- require individual identification cards that indicate immigration status.
View the complete General Statement on Immigration.
What do you think? Leave your thoughts about this issue as a comment to this post.