Student Saturday was developed to encourage anthropology students to attend the AAA annual meetings and provide programming of particular interest to them. This event includes the annual Graduate School Fair in addition to special programs designed specifically for students joining us in San Francisco. Anthropology students may attend Student Saturday at the discounted rate of only $50 for one-day admission. Registration includes access to all regular sessions and special events on Saturday. Special Programming will include:
- 4th Annual Graduate School Fair from 10am-2pm in the Grand Ballroom
- Trivia (with great prizes!) at the Graduate School Fair
- Graduate School Fair Reception from 2pm-3pm in the Grand Ballroom
- Free coffee, tea, and snacks at the Reception!
- Workshop on careers in anthropology conducted by Carol Ellick and Joe Watkins (University of Oklahoma). Ellick and Watkins recently released The Anthropology Graduate’s Guide: From Student to Career (Left Coast Press). This workshop will be held from 10am-12pm in Continental 1. Registration is required.
- Sessions, workshops, roundtables, poster sessions, and film screenings of particular interest to students
- National Association of Student Anthropologists annual Business Meeting from 12:15pm-1:30pm in Golden Gate 8
This Student Guide to the 111th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association includes tips for student attendees, a schedule of special events and suggested sessions, as well as a Guide to Annual Meeting Terms. View it now and receive a copy on-site when you register for Student Saturday.
Note: Students who are registered for meeting sessions during the week are eligible to participate in sessions and events on Saturday. Please click here to access the preliminary program of sessions taking place at the Annual Meeting.